EPAT® technology might be exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a popular choice for patients who suffer from acute or chronic pain and have not had success with traditional therapies. With over 80% of patients experiencing significant or full resolution of their conditions, it is an effective, non-invasive therapy that offers scientifically proven results.
EPAT® is a form of shock wave therapy and stands for Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology. Developed in Europe, the technology has quickly spread across the world and is an evidence-based, proven treatment option for musculoskeletal injuries.
EPAT® technology uses acoustic pressure waves to stimulate damaged tissue which enhances blood and lymph circulation, encourages vasodilation and neo-angiogenesis as well as increasing metabolism. It also works to break down scar tissue, which further promotes the healing process and ensures that damaged tissue can gradually regenerate and repair itself.
EPAT®’s offers many benefits, including:
- It is non-invasive, and no anesthesia is needed because the treatment is painless
- No risk of infection and no scarring as the machine does not damage the skin
- No downtime, you can resume your normal activities immediately after an EPAT® appointment
- Over 80% satisfaction as patients see significant resolution of symptoms
- FDA approval for the treatment of both acute and chronic connective tissue disorders and musculoskeletal pain
- No known risks or complications
EPAT® is ideal as a primary intervention for acute injuries as it offers a faster recovery time. It is also beneficial for chronic injuries and conditions, especially if you have failed to respond to other therapies and interventions.
EPAT® can effectively treat:
- Foot conditions such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, posterior tibial tendonitis, anterior tibial tendonitis, plantar plate injuries, peroneal tendonitis, and interdigital neuromas
- Cerebral palsy in children
- Joint pain, including knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow conditions
- Insertional pain
- Myofascial trigger points
- Forearm, wrist and hand conditions
At Northwest Surgical Specialists, we pride ourselves on remaining at the cutting-edge of medical technology. EPAT® therapy has been part of our non-surgical offering for a number of years, and we continue to see much success with the technology, having helped hundreds of patients find resolution for their acute and chronic conditions.
If you’re ready to try the industry-leading gold standard of care for musculoskeletal conditions, please get in touch to make an appointment.